The Law Development Centre invites applications from qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant post:
Number of Vacancy: 01
MANAGER- LEGAL AID CLINIC
|Department: Post Graduate Legal Studies
and Legal Aid
|Reports to: head department of postgraduate legal studies and legal aid|
To assist in Developing, Planning, Reviewing, Monitoring and Implementing Legal Aid Clinic Operations and Programs.
|QUALIFICATIONS||1. LLB (Hons) degree from a recognized university.
2. Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
3. Must be an enrolled advocate.
4. LLM or MBA from a recognized university is an added advantage.
5. Postgraduate training in management is an added advantage.
|EXPERIENCE||1. At least 7 years experience in legal practice, 3 of which must have been providing legal aid to vulnerable and disadvantaged groups.
2. Experience in dealing with juvenile justice practice.
3. Experience in fundraising and dealing with donors /development partners.
4. Ability to lead teams and mentor professionals from different backgrounds.
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES||1. To act as secretary to the Clinic Advisory Board (CAB).
2. To oversee all Clinic’s financial operations.
3. Fundraise for Clinic’s operations and manage donor funds.
4. Teach on the Clinic Legal Aid programs and follow up students’ field placements.
5. Oversee, monitor and offer advisory Legal to the Centre regarding court cases involving LDC and make periodical reports to the Head of Department.
6. Develop proposals and manage projects.
7. Supervise research on topical legal issues related to the activities of the Clinic.
8. Allocate duties to, supervise, guide and manage staff performance under his / her direct report.
9. Make periodic reports to the CAB as need arises.
10. Assist the Head of Department in developing, organising, managing, delivering and evaluation of the different activities of the Bar Course curriculum.
11. Carry out any other duties as assigned and delegated from time to time by the Head of Department.
Applications should be addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O Box 7117 Kampala, to be posted or hand delivered to the Law Development Centre Reception. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. Those who applied for the position in response to the earlier advert should not re-apply.
Deadline for submission of applications is 8th June, 2017 at 5.00p.m.