The Law Development Centre invites applications from qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant post:
Number of Vacancies: 10
|Job Title: PART-TIME LECTURER
|Department: Post Graduate Legal Studies and Legal Aid|
|Reports to: Head, Post Graduate Legal Studies and Legal Aid|
|1. Job Purpose: To plan and generate teaching material, plan and deliver lectures to students as well as to set examinations and assess to students’ performance.|
|KEY RESULT AREAS:|
|1. Develop, review and update teaching materials and teach students in line with syllabus.
2. Regular attendance and conducting lectures and other related activities as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
3. Set, moderate, invigilate and mark examinations and progressive assessment for the subject(s) taught
4. Counsel and mentor students.
5. Be available for consultation by students.
6. Any other related duties as may be assigned by the Head of teaching department.
|QUALIFICATIONS and Experience:|
|1. LLB (Hons) from a recognised University.
2. LLM from a recognised University is an added advantage.
3. Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
4. He/she should be an enrolled advocate.
5. At least 8 years experience in private or public legal practice or legal aid service provision.
|SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:|
| 1. Strong interpersonal communication
2. Strong presentation skills
3. Computer Literacy
4. Must be a person of high integrity.
Applications should be addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O Box 7117 Kampala, to be posted or hand delivered to the Law Development Centre reception. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character.
Deadline for submission of applications is 7th June, 2017 at 5.00p.m.