The Law Development Centre invites applications from qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant post;
Number of Vacancies: (3)
|Department: Post Graduate Legal Studies
and Legal Aid
|Reports to: MANAGER, LEGAL AID CLINIC|
|DUTY STATION||ONE OF THE FIVE DISTRICTS OF: ADJUMANI, MASINDI, KABAROLE, KIBAALE & KAGADI|
1. To manage and administer the district project office.
2. To provide direct legal aid services to the poor and indigent persons of the district.
|QUALIFICATIONS||1. LLB (Hons) degree from a recognized University.
2. Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
3. Must be an enrolled advocate.
4. Knowledge of project management shall be an added advantage.
|EXPERIENCE||At least 1 year experience in legal practice and provision of legal aid.|
|RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES||1. To represent LDC Legal Aid Clinic in court.
2. To provide information about family court, criminal court and other legal procedures.
3. To assist clients in filling out and filing court paper work and attending court hearings.
4. To support clients in self-representation.
5. To keep the Project Coordinator informed of risks situations and emerging issues in work with clients.
6. To provide community sensitization.
7. To provide supervision and mentoring for the Bar Course interns.
8. To compile timely, accurate and analytical reports.
9. To maintain proper and up-to date client records and files.
10. To ensure proper use and care of project assets.
11. To supervise the Fit persons and ensure that the Fit Persons are thriving.
12. To perform any other duties assigned.
Applications should be addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O Box 7117 Kampala, to be posted or hand delivered to the Law Development Centre Reception. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. Those who applied for the position in response to the earlier advert should not re-apply.
Deadline for submission of applications is 8th June, 2017 at 5.00p.m.